Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Walking Dogs and Being Healthy, Plus a few other fun pics

Dipper got his walk this afternoon,and Mabel this evening. Peanut has kennel cough again 😒so waiting to take her when she’s feeling better. Dipper is an angel πŸ˜‡ on walks. He is just chill and doesn’t pull, it’s a relaxing walk. Mabel on the other hand gets way too excited about her surroundings. She cries and pulls a lot!! She is a PITA to take on walks. For my sanity, I think I’ll switch their times for a walk, and take Mabel during the daytime when the neighborhood isn’t so busy. Then take Dipper in the evening time cause he’s so chill and that’s the mood I need in the evening.

We have a lovely park across the street from our neighborhood. It’s called Dry Creek Park, and it has a creek and lots of trees, bridges, pavilions and a swing set. The city has put a lot of improvements in since we moved here almost 16 years ago. The park was actually a selling point to me because it was so close and it reminded me of where I grew up in New Hampshire. 🌲🌲🏞️

Utah has been in a drought for a long time, and the last several years Dry Creek lived up to it’s name. It was so low and dry, it was scary. I took Mabel this evening for a walk down there. Last summer, I actually walked the dogs there and listened to my podcasts quite often. This is the first time going down there since winter, and I was pleasantly amazed that the water level was back to the levels were back when we moved here in 2007. As much of a pain having lots of cold and snow was this winter, we sure have needed it! πŸ’¦πŸ’§πŸ’¦

P.S. I waved or said hi πŸ‘‹ to 3 new neighbors today & also reached out to the neighbors behind us about their yard work, and asked if we could coordinate a part of it since our park strips meet up together. It really felt good being more neighborly 😊


















No comments: