Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Making Connection In Our Neighborhood And World

 Dear Neighbors of the World,


I guess I'll start off by saying, I'm sorry to our neighbors, whom we have been reclusive with.  Both my husband and I are introverts, so it's not anything personal.  The other note I'll make is, please understand, it isn't easy being one of or possibly the only non-Mormon family in the neighborhood.  Also, I am sorry I used the word Mormon, but I'm not really sure how to write out ex-tcojcolds...No offense, but it's wordy and using the word Mormon just makes more sense to me.  Especially when we left the church at the time, Mormon was not an offense to god.  I have a sneaking suspicion the word will be OK to use with the next leader, but what do I know?  Anyway, I didn't really want to talk about that, I mostly wanted to say, even though we left the church, WE ARE STILL GOOD PEOPLE!  I wish more Mormons realized that.  Some do, but it feels like a lot of them don't.  End of that topic for now....I know it's not easy talking about hard things.

Anyway, I have decided I'd like to take up walking the dogs around the neighborhood again, and since it's been hard to listen to podcasts lately, since I have a hard time concentrating.  Also walks can have a lot of outside noise, so it's hard to hear podcasts well.  Today I took our dog Jessie aka Peanut to Lowe's to buy a new dryer.  Then in the evening, I took Dipper for a  much needed walk.  Then after dinner, even though my eyes were so tired from insomnia, I had a little more energy, so I took our crazy dog, Mabel, who can be hard to walk on a short walk around the nearby church.   It's a nice walk because it's flat and quick, but it's long enough that the dog feels like it was a real walk. 

However, I have a request for my local neighbors.  Can you please keep your dogs either behind a fence, inside your home, or on a leash?  I really really need this time to start getting physically and mentally healthy, also it's very good for our dogs!!  In the past, I have given up walking our dogs because there are too many loose dogs in the neighborhood.  Now I love dogs, but what I don't love is ones running around with no supervision.  I don't know if your dog is good with people, or other dogs for that matter.  I've had dogs come up to me, and I wasn't sure if they are going to attack me or my dog, neither of which would be good.  What I am asking is actually the LAW.  Legally it's NOT OK to let your dog run around unsupervised.  Please know that I carry a walking stick, a canister that squirts air, and also one that shoots out liquid that is kinda like mace, but it's safe and meant for dogs.  I would never want to hurt another dog, but if I feel like your dog is a threat to me, my kids or my dogs, I will use my tools to protect my family, non-furry and furry alike. Now you may say, I don't have a dog, or I don't do that with my dog....Well, if you know your neighbor that does, please educate them on how dangerous it is for other people and pets, and their own dog.  They can bite another person or pet and then the law gets involved, it can be deadly and costly to get your dog back.

So neighbors, if you see a woman with headphones on, and she's acting a little strange, like dancing a little, lip singing, waving a walking stick to the music, just know that I'm not THAT crazy, just a little bit, LOL.  I have recently been through a rough patch in my life, and I'm starting to heal now, and loud music while walking the dog, or taking out the trash is helpful to me now.  Yes, I know loud music can hurt your hearing, but I need it at the moment, but I know I can't do that long term. 

I also want to add that I'm not directing my post to anyone in particular, just our neighbors in general, the community, the State, America, the WORLD.  Everyone is a neighbor to someone out there.  And maybe make a conscious effort to wave and/or smile to a neighbor you don't know yet! You just might make their day. I will also add that the neighbors that I have connected to in my personal neighborhood have always been kind to us, and our kids.  I do appreciate you so much, more than you know!  

Sincerely your sorta shy neighbor,
April









Posted on Facebook 4/10/2023

This is titled ‘My Brain Won’t Stop’
Sorry in advance for posting too often lately. Since about mid-March, I have been feeling really really good! Kinda like I'm high, but I'm not taking anything for it. My mood has been more manic-like lately and I was concerned that I might be developing Bi-Polor. I sure hope not, because I have only heard that it's a very difficult disorder to live with and treat.
We finally have a gorgeous spring day that I'm used to this time of year, and I felt the urge to go on a bike ride! I have not ridden my bike since either 2020 or 2021. I remember being quite bored during the summer time, and Liam and I would time ourselves on different bike routes. I don't bike outside as often as I would like, and that is for a couple of reasons....1. There aren't many interesting places to bike around our immediate area. And 2. Where I grew up, it was a lot more fun to ride a bike places because there were interesting places to go AND the big one is there was not a lot of traffic to navigate. Sadly, where we live there is quite a lot of traffic to be concerned about, and it doesn't make for a leisurely ride. In fact, just now on my ride, I was approaching a 4 way stop, and this woman didn't stop at all, she didn't even slow down, she blasted right though it RIGHT in front of me!! She had her window down, and I shouted, NICE STOP!!!! Wow, she is what you call a dangerous and reckless driver, and I hope she learns how to drive better before she hurts someone.
Today was so nice, and I actually had a fun idea for a ride. Rowan is at her tennis class today, and the ride there is easy and fairly flat, you just have to look out for construction and dangerous drivers that blast through stop signs?! Anyway, I rode around the court and not surprisingly she pretended not to know who I was when I said "Hello".
Anyway, I hope to get out and do that more often, because being outside and exercising are a great way to treat mental health.



No comments: