Thursday, August 4, 2011

Loving Summer

I am loving Summer this year, and I am NOT ready for school to start in a few weeks?! We got our notice of who Liam's teacher is going to be this year. Her name is Miss Erin. We had requested Miss Farrah, and are sad we won't have her, but we're sure Miss Erin is really nice too. We get to meet her in a couple of weeks, and then he starts on Aug. 23rd. This summer just flew by way too fast. I have been spending a lot of time outside too, and it's pretty crazy because I actually have a tan on my arms! I put sun screen on most of the time if I'm going to be out for long periods, but some sun must be getting to me cause my arms have color! The last time I ever remember having a tan was when I was a kid!

Anyway, last Saturday I took Liam to this new thing they have behind the Dinosaur Museum. It's called Trilobite Treasures, and you can dig for fossils, specifically Trilobites. I thought they had them already discovered and hidden in sand, and we would use shovels and brushes to 'Find' them...but NO!! They are still in the shale/rock, and you use a HUGE hammer to split the rock open and find as many as you can within the time you pay for. We were there an hour, which is plenty long for a 3 yr. old. Liam had fun, but I actually think I had more fun than him. And in hindsight, I think this activity is best for older kids and adults. The smallest hammer they have is pretty big, and really could hurt a small kid if they aren't being careful. Anyway, we found some great trilobites on our own, and with a little help from the experts. Liam found a couple all by himself, I was so proud of him.






1 comment:

Becky said...

That looks really fun I'll bet he loved it.