Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Update on Life

So life has been pretty busy since I returned to work a month ago. The first couple of weeks were pretty hectic, but it seems we have settled into a good routine now. The shorter work days have been really nice because Liam falls asleep very easily on the ride home, and I just take him up to his room when we get home and he sleeps for a couple of hours. This gives me a couple hours to get some housework done, get ready for the following day, and have some bonding time with Rowan.

During my time off with the kids Liam got REALLY bored, and I felt bad because 1. We had a newborn, and 2. it was winter, so I really couldn't do much to entertain him. He has the 3 B's; he's Bright, he's Busy, and he gets Bored easily. Just a few days ago, Mike and I got to talking about how Liam's birthday is so late in the year, and how he would be turning 6 shortly after starting Kindergarten, and we both agreed that since he has those 3 B's that maybe if we got him into preschool sooner rather than later it would prepare him socially to be able to bypass the age cut off and start Kindergarten when he's 4 turning 5 a few months later. Anyway, that got me online looking at preschools in the area, and I found a super cute, reasonably priced, and very highly rated preschool that is close to my work. I stopped in yesterday with my mom and Liam to check it out. They have several different rooms, and a variety of classes that they offer including; music, art, cooking and even Foreign language! Mike and I discussed it last night, and ended up registering him today! He will start next fall in the Little Sprouts class. We are pretty excited for him, and look forward to seeing him learn and grow there.

2 comments:

Angie Stewart Black said...

Preschool is so fun. I've always done two years of preschool for my kids...oh wait...I've only had one. But Kasen will have two years too. I think it's wonderful for them. Even though Kasen knows the entire alphabet and the sounds they make (which is what they work on the 1st year) I think the social part is a great experience for them. I still can't wait to see Rowan. She looks like a doll.

desertortoise said...

I love the 3 b's. So excited for you guys and Liam to try out preschool...the place looks enchanting..I wanna go there.