Monday, March 22, 2010

Turbo Snake Review

I don't know why, but I often get sucked into those 'As Seen On TV' type ads on TV. Even if I have no interest in them, for some reason I find them entertaining. I rarely buy the stuff, but if something catches my interest, I will get on google or Amazon and read reviews on it. My husband generally thinks if it's on an infomercial, it is generally crap, and he teases me for watching it sometimes...I do admit, most of the time he's right, but once in a great while you will find a decent product. I have found a couple lately that are worth mentioning. The first one is called 'Turbo Snake'. I have long hair, and my bathroom sink tends to get clogged. We have both tried to get the drain to come out so we can fish it out, but for some reason it won't come out, and we don't want to break it or cut our self, so I have tried Draino several times. It helped a little, but did not fix the problem for good. I also hate the idea of using harsh chemicals that go down the drain into our water system. So, when I saw this infomercial for the Turbo Snake I was pretty interested. It works around the drain, so that was a plus. I decided to get on Amazon, and read several reviews. It was pretty mixed, but overall positive. I figured for $10, it would be worth trying. It took several attempts to get the gunk out, but I was able to get quite a bit out, and my sink has been working well for several weeks now.

3 Piece, Turbo Snake Set, Includes: Sink Snake, Shower & Tub Snake & Storage Hook, Slow Drains, Fixed Fast, No More Chemical Drain Cleaners, Instantly Clears Slow Moving Drains, Flexible Design No Need To Remove Drain Stopper, For Bathroom Sinks, Showers & Tubs



I also noticed it is on sale on Amazon.com for $1.49 plus S&H. I would definitely recommend having this product around your house!

(The other product I saw on TV was the 'Bender Ball'...I will write a review soon)

No comments: