Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Rest in Peace Codi

(Codi is the dog on right)
Shortly after my family moved to Utah from New Hampshire, I finally was able to get my driver's license at the age of 18. One of the first things I did is take my little brother to a pet store and pick out a puppy. I know, not the brightest thing to do without getting permission from the parents first, but all little boys need a dog right? Anyway, he was a really cute Australian/Brittany mix and we set him up in our RV area on the side of the house since dad would not allow an indoor dog. Eric named him Codi, and he was a really great watch dog and he LOVED LOVED LOVED chasing and fetching balls. Of all the dogs I've had since, he has been the ONLY dog that loved to play fetch, and he was really good at it too! He had several friends live with him over the years, Nicki and Sequoia and Wolfie. Nicki had to find another home because of the dog limit law, and Sequoia moved in with me when I moved out. And Wolfie was his best friend until he passed. Shortly after Wolfie passed, Eric was in a position to bring Codi to live with him at his new home. And Codi must have thought he died and went to heaven because he was trained to eventually be an indoor dog! Anyway, I just wanted to write up a little blog about Codi because after 16 years on this earth his health had gone down, and had to be put to sleep last night. He really was a sweet wonderful dog, and I don't regret getting him for Eric (even though I now know you should always ask permission first!) Rest in peace Codi, you were loved by many!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry! That's too bad. Sounds like he lived a long, good life though. He was lucky to have you guys!

Becky said...

I remember Codi, makes me sad too, I never understood peoples feelings for their dogs until we got Wilson, now I do. Condolences to Eric and Karen.