Sunday, July 12, 2009

Rowan Tree



The more I find on the name Rowan, the more I love it. I did a Google image search on the Rowan tree, and some amazing pictures came up. On one site I found some really pretty jewelry of the Rowan leaf, and it had this description:

In Scottish lore, the Rowan Tree has been held as a "Tree of Life," a protector from harm, its berries symbolic of life and renewal.

Throughout history, the Ancient Celts & other cultures of the world have venerated trees - even believing them to have divine or magical powers. The tree form often appears in individual art work as an expression of endurance, strength and hope.

The Rowan embodies life, beauty, creativity and strength. It is said to bring good fortune and repel negative energies.


Below are several other pictures that I like:










2 comments:

desertortoise said...

So beautiful...I love all the pictures you picked out. What a beautiful name to be given!I love the tree of life imagry too.

Unknown said...

I like the name Rowan. Those pictures are great!