Thursday, July 30, 2009

Baby #2 Update (22 Weeks)


22 weeks marks the start of the 6th month, and Rowan is about 11 inches (about the length of a spaghetti squash), and is nearly a pound. Today, I had my first Dr's visit since my Ultra Sound when they told me I had a low lying placenta. Naturally, I had a list of questions regarding this issue. Basically, this is a fairly common thing, and he just wants me to 'not overdo it'. It's OK for me to lift Liam, and do a little yoga, but still no work-outs, and continue pelvic rest. And if anything causes me to bleed, then I need to stop! They were booked for the ultra sound machine today, so I have an appointment in a week to get the video, and they can check the placenta again then. He says that the heart beat sounds normal, and I'm measuring good. And the fact that I don't feel her move as much as the first pregnancy can be normal, but there would be a concern if that doesn't change in a month. As far as my due date, they have given me so many different days...thinking I will just stick with early December when people ask. I'm feeling pretty good overall. So far there doesn't seem to be as much growing pains as the first time round, and I'm guessing that is because it's already been stretched out. I am still a little bummed that I still can't work out because I am starting to gain more weight than I would like, but I know I don't want to risk hurting our little one, so I will just have to work on losing the weight after she is born.

No comments: