Monday, March 23, 2009

The Bridge



Google has this feature where you can type in an address and map it. Some maps you can see a bird's eye level of an area, but now in some places you can actually 'walk' down the road by clicking the arrows!! You can stop and get a 360 degree view of the area. I did a search for the house I grew up in New Hampshire, and I took a stroll down the road. I even saw people out walking, it was really cool! I took a walk down to the bridge where I played almost everyday from around the age of 13 till we moved across town a few years later. I would get home from school, hurry and do my homework, then hop on my bike and ride down to the bridge. I befriended the kids that lived next to the bridge, as well as other kids in the neighborhood, and we had a blast playing there. In the winter time the pond froze over and we would ice skate, and play ice hockey. In the summer we took out a small canoe and gathered minnows. I have so many good memories of this place, that it has to be my favorite place as a kid.
(I can't get the link to embed...so if you are curious, go to googlemaps.com and put in 90 Stowell Rd, Merrimack, NH. And/or see if you can find your favorite place.)

No comments: