Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Update on Life

Been feeling a little behind on things lately...mainly up keeping the house, working, editing pictures of the kids, maintaining the garden, etc. all while making sure the kids are getting enough love and attention as well. It is a juggling act for sure, and I feel like I'm dropping the ball somewhere. I often wonder how people manage more than 2 kids and keep their house running because I am just feeling...well, overwhelmed!

Anyway, I just wanted to write a little update on us, so that morph kid isn't staring at you on the top of the page! Mike and I hired a babysitter for the first time over the weekend. We felt it would be nice not to drive the kids south to our family's house when we are heading north, so we signed up for a babysitter site online and found a nice girl. We wanted someone that was older, not a teenager, and had experience and knows CPR and first aid if anything happened...yes we (or at least me) are picky! We paid a lot for her, but Liam really liked her, and it is nice to know now that we can actually go out for a dinner and movie sometime! We haven't been out to a movie since I was pregnant with Liam, how sad is that?! So below is a recent picture of Rowan...she is sitting like a pro now, which is good because our pictures are this Friday! She is also sitting herself up!! The other picture was sent to me this morning from Auntie Tiff (thanks!) It is a picture of Liam and his cousins eating ice cream at our 4th of July party.




1 comment:

Tiff said...

I think, or at least I hope, everyone gets overwhelmed at certain points in their lives. Whenever I do, I take a good look and see if there is anything I can get rid of in my routine that will make life easier for me. My first step was going from full-time to part-time and then I quit. Right now, it's doing laundry only once a week. It's always an adjustment game, you'll get it!