Monday, May 5, 2008

Update on Life

Last week I got an e-mail from my HR department saying that I'm approaching my vacation accrual limit, “So please, take some vacation-go spend some time with that beautiful baby of yours! : )” OK, don't have to twist my arm!...so I took my normal Friday off, and Monday too, so I had a 4-day weekend with Liam. It was GREAT! Although, I do have to admit he keeps me on my toes ALL day long, and I end up more tired than going to work. But the extra time with him is soo worth it. On Friday it was pretty nice out, so I took him for a walk in the Bjorn. I figure we both get some fresh air, and I could stand to lose some more baby fat!

We ended up signing ANOTHER addendum for the offer we have on the table for our Townhouse. The new deadline for closing is set for May 19th. We are crossing our fingers that nothing gets in the way this time. As much of a pain it is to wait for the closing, we are grateful that we are not losing our shirts on this deal, especially with the current housing market situation. And I am reminded of when my parents bought their first home in New Hampshire. I was only 3 years old, but my dad told me the story. The people processing their loan mailed the paperwork to their previous residence in Utah, instead of their current address in New Hampshire. And instead of realizing their mistake and putting it at the top of the pile of loans, it went back to the bottom of the pile, which extended their closing for at least an extra month. The sellers in their situation were extra patient with my family, and looking back as an adult, I am grateful to them for that.
The house I grew up in on Clifton Road in New Hampshire.
The front yard I played in.
The Swingset in the backyard.
The shed my dad built.
The Bridge we played at on Stowell Road

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so lucky to be able to spend time with Liam! I wish they would do that for me here ha ha. Good luck with the house!