Thursday, May 1, 2008

More Townhouse Drama

So as you all know from a previous post, we had accepted an offer on our townhouse. This offer was lower than we were originally hoping for, but the reason it appealed to us was they said they could close by the end of April (about 2 weeks from their offer). This would mean we would not have to fork out any more money to keep this place anymore! Last week they asked for a 2 day extension, which we were fine with since we were still trying to get everything out. The new close date deadline was supposed to be for this Friday, May 2nd. I spent all this week stopping there on the way home from work to move the last of the remaining stuff out. I can only fit so much in my car since Liam is in the back seat. Every day I stopped there no matter how full or rested he was, he would scream the WHOLE time! The second we left he would be fine. I just think he does not like it there. Anyway, one of the last things I grabbed was a couple of for sale signs in the windows, that had our number on it. We did not take them down after we hired our agent because there was not any great place to put his for sale sign outside to indicate which unit was for sale. We had asked him to put his own signs in the window, but he never did. After I got home, I was unloading the signs, and said to my DH; "I got the signs down....Oh, great I just jinxed it!" And sure enough, the next day we get a call from our agent saying; "There is a glitch in their loan". Apparently, there was a new thing issued that devalued all the homes in our county, and the buyers could not get their financing with their conventional loan, and now have to go with an FHA loan. They say they can close in 7-10 days, but now we are really uncertain if this is really going to happen?! We are thinking that if we allow the extension that we'd like to put it back on the market to allow for back up offers.

I don't know if we just have bad luck with real estate deals, but every real estate transaction we have had, something crazy happens at the last minute. We are just glad that we are in a home that we never want to move from! EVER!

1 comment:

myspoileddogs said...

OMG that sucks! I do hope you have some better luck getting your townhouse sold!