Sunday, April 27, 2008

Adventures With Liam (Part 1)

So Friday afternoon I spent the day with my friend Susan. We met in High school in our Greek Mythology class. We were more like acquaintances then, but being a new transplant from New Hampshire in the middle of Junior year, I was grateful for anyone who took the time to talk to me. Shortly after graduation, we happened to bump into each other at a local thrift store. We exchanged #'s and our friendship grew from there. It is one of those relationships that can go a long time with no contact, then when we see each other we just pick up where we left off. Anyway, about 6 years ago her husband joined the Air Force and they moved to Texas. I really didn't think I would see her much except for short visits when they returned to see their family. However, about six months ago her husband was assigned to South Korea for a year, and instead of moving the whole family there, they decided that she and their 2 young boys would stay with her family here in Utah.


She and her family invited Liam and me to Thanksgiving Point to the petting zoo. Liam is still a bit young to enjoy it, but it was good to get him out and expose him to new things. They had the cutest animals there. We first saw the goats and lambs, and there was this really adorable baby lamb that actually looked like a baby cow.


Then we saw these beautiful peacocks displaying their gorgeous feathers. At some point the two were turning in unison, as if to put on a show. They shook their back feathers too, and it made a rattling sound.


And here is the long horn sheep...


and the Turkey...


Susan's cute little boy doing a dance who is 3 (almost 4), he calls me Miss April (so endearing).


And her younger son who just turned 1 years old showing me a flower he found.


Cute baby cows that thought Liam's stroller was a tasty snack.

Liam giving the cows the stink eye.

More cute baby cow pictures, cause they were being soo adorable!

Liam saying, I've had enough, take me home!

The End.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very Cute! Looks like fun...