Monday, May 9, 2011

Changing Time

Saturday morning, on day 9 of having our larvae, one of them climbed up to the top of the jar. By evening, he had turned into a chrysalis?! And the next 4 were hanging from the top. By morning all but 1 had turned. We checked it a few hours later, and the last one changed too!! I had no idea how FAST they changed. I'm sure if we sat there for a couple of hours we could actually see it happen. It is quite amazing.



I know, not the greatest pictures...it's a little tricky with the glass and all.


Tonight we carefully moved them to the butterfly habitat. They should hatch in about a week or so.


Also, I ordered another set...although next time we are going to take the label off the jar, so we can get a better view. We thought maybe they would like the privacy, but I really don't think it's meant to stay on there.

No comments: