Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Gretchen's Pricey Groom

I have a tendency of driving a bit fast at times. Even my driver's ed teacher called me 'lead foot'! Although I have been really careful since I got a couple tickets close together a few years ago. Unfortunately, today I wasn't paying attention to my speed, and got pulled over. I had just dropped off Liam at Grandma's house, and was on my way to drop Gretchen off at the groomers. For those of you that don't know Gretchen, she is a tad on the over-protective side. I realized after I pulled over that I had forgot her muzzle. Thankfully she was strapped in her harness, and had her electric collar on, otherwise I think she would have lunged and bit the officer!! The funny thing about Gretchen is, as long as I am not around, she will be your best friend. She is super sweet to us, and especially sweet to Liam...we are her family, and she just has this innate drive to protect her family. We think it's partly her breed, and partly something that happened in her past before we adopted her. Anyway, it sucks I have to do the whole traffic school again, but we are glad that Gretchen didn't hurt the officer especially since Liam and Gretchen are quite fond of each other...as you can see in the pics below.








3 comments:

desertortoise said...

I love how cute the dogs both are with Liam. We hope the same for Kenzee and recently have been bringing her around other kids. So far it's been good.

Tiff said...

Those are some really cute pictures! I wish Madison wasn't allergic to dogs.

Unknown said...

I love those pictures! I am glad Gretchen & Liam love each other like that. Honey & Landon do too & it is the cutest thing. Sorry about the speeding ticket, I have a lead foot too & have really been trying to be careful lately.