Tuesday, September 16, 2008

No Pain No Gain


I have been a bit lax in trying to loose my 'baby fat', but I do have a good excuse in that I rarely have time to work out. I get up between 6 and 6:30am, I get ready for work, drop Liam off at one of his grandma's house, and then work from 8am to 4pm. I get home around 5 or 6 pm, and then take turns playing with Liam till he's ready for bed around 8pm. Then we eat dinner around 8:30 or 9 pm, and then it's time to shower and/or go to bed. However, somehow I am just going to have to carve out some time somewhere because I don't have many winter clothes that fit me right. I have tried buying new clothes a few times, but for some reason I am having a difficult time finding stuff that fits me well.

Anyway, 2 days ago while Liam was napping, I was able to squeeze in 50 minutes to do a workout called 'Buns of Steel'. It was produced in the 80's, and it's so old you can only find it on VHS. The video is pretty dated, with cheesy music and florescent outfits. The instructor Greg Smithey has some pretty silly lines too, but I LOVE this work out. The workout works muscles in your body that you didn't even know were there, and it can get pretty intense at times that I felt like I wanted to cry, but I felt really good after. And 2 days later, I can still feel it. I think if I can keep it up for a month or 2, I can get to where I need to be to fit into my old clothes comfortably....crossing my fingers that I will have the time and motivation!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You should join our "Take it off Tuesday" blog group. We just weigh in every week & motivate each other. It has really seemed to help me. At least I am eating better! I need to exercise though dang it. I am in the same spot as you - no time! I want to spend my spare time with Landon.

Angie Stewart Black said...

That is so funny. I have that same video and I actually love it. I don't do it, but I own it! Hey Kasen is 14 months now and I have yet to lose my baby fat too. Someday....