Thursday, November 18, 2010

Liam and Rowan's Birthday Party

We had Liam and Rowan's Birthday Party this past weekend. Rowan turns 1 on November 26th, and Liam turns 3 on December 7th. We decided to have the party early because some family members will be out of town during their actual birthdays. Anyway, we had our party at Arete Gymnastics. We had the whole place to ourselves for 1 hour of playtime, and then 30 min. to have our cake and gifts. The kids had a great time playing! There is a link at the bottom of the post for more pictures of the party. (I'm using the site on a trial basis, so they will be available to see for 2 weeks. Then I will have to decide if I want to pay for the site).

Rowan and Mom


Liam in the foam pit


Rowan and Dad in the foam pit


Their cake...well we had a Curious George theme, and we ordered a monkey cake, similar looking to George, but they did not have the kit to make it. So we had to pick a different design at the last minute, and we ended up with Finding Nemo...so we called this theme 'Curious George Goes Scuba Diving'. We put 2 monkey's on the cake, one for Rowan and one for Liam!


Right before we lit the cake I was looking for Mike to make sure he had his camera to take pictures, and while I wasn't looking poor Liam lost his balance on the bench and fell backwards onto the concrete floor! He hit his head pretty good, and I felt so bad. He cried for a bit, but he was OK thankfully. We sang happy birthday to the kids, and enjoyed some cake. We let Liam open his gifts, but we were pretty pressed for time, so we took Rowan's gifts home to open later. All in all I think the party was a great success! And I have a whole year till I need to start planning again : )

Thanks everyone for coming, and for the gifts! They will surely enjoy them.


CLICK HERE TO SEE A SLIDE SHOW OF MORE PICTURES FROM THE PARTY

3 comments:

Becky said...

Great pictures of a great party. We had so much fun.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the pics! And thanks for having us!

Wenni Donna said...

Loving the pretty design of the cake. Painting exhibition with a gala sale is on cards for me. Quite confused for the perfect management of the event. My friend suggested me to go for one of the impressive San Francisco venues without giving a second thought. I want this function to be sure success for a good name. Photography for promotions will be done by my expertise cousin.