Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tulip Festival 2010

Last year we bought a membership for Thanksgiving point at the first of May, and we missed the Tulip Festival by just a week. So I have been waiting for an entire year to go and take some pictures. My new found hobby is taking macro pictures of plant life. Here are a few of my favorites.







And the most beautiful of all! I love her eyes in this one.

I was not able to get any pictures of Liam because he is a very fast 2-year old, and now thinks it's a fun game to run away from mom and dad! Seriously, I think that kid will end up doing some kind of sport that involves running, he is just too fast. How do you train your kid to stick by you? It just isn't safe to be running off like that, especially in big crowds. And the harness/backpack thing does not work because he just pulls on it till he falls over. Anyway, training him to stick by us is going to be a work in progress, and we are open to ideas.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think part of it is personality. Aaron was a lot like Liam--always running off, touching things, etc. I would look at other parents with their kids standing at their sides and wonder how they did it. Then Lily came along and was pretty much the exact opposite. She'd usually stay by me.

I had some luck training to hold hands. Though I can imagine that might be harder if you are also having to be holding Rowan.

Tiff said...

Give him a choice I did that with Madison. I would say either stay by me or sit in the stroller, or we'd go home and stick to your decision, don't be afraid to have him scream. He's old enough to understand consequences, at least that's what worked with Madison.

Becky said...

I tell him he has to go home if he won't stay with me, and then I try to run with him to give him a chance to do his thing. Of course, that only works when I don't have Rowan, we stick to the back yard when I have her.